Friday 8 January 2021

Elroy


Human, Evoker Wizard
Soldier

Physical description: Military officers clothing: long jacket, boots & old officer insignias. Gloves with alchemical circle, used as a spellcasting focus. The gloves sulfer & tinder residue used as material for precise fire spells. Due to a terrible accident missing an arm/leg. Thanks to 4EGI5's prostestics I can at least walk and interact normally, but I can't properly do any athletics without help from their infusions.

Background: I have known nothing but war for my entire lifespan. The Great Conflict seemed to be at it climax for a time when growing up, but it just kept on going. I was.. gifted. I had such strength, agility and power. I could incinerate hordes of enemies, wave after wave, building after building or cave after cave... Luckily I still have my wits.. And it's what still makes me deadly if need be. 

On the frontlines I was the officer of a elite combat unit that made quite a reputation within our and enemy ranks. My own skills were also subject of some talk. I've heard nicknames I do not wish to share, some of those events (missions) still haunt me today. For what? My ambition has only brought havoc, but Cyre.. my wife, child, everyone was still lost.

The Day of Mourning. An event I still can not make sense of until this day.  If it wasn't for 4EGI5, I would not be alive. That beautifull sturdy beast of a warforged. He served the Cyre Army brilliantly.

When the news reached us, I rushed our unit back to Cyre. And with our rush, only to be greeted by a scum ambush: followers the Lord of Blades (they are on my list now). They where probably scowering the boarders for easy pickings... I made myself ready to show that honourless lowlife just with who they were dealing, bringing overchannelled wrath upon them. I might have overdid that, even driving my life force into the fire, fueled by my rage. I was going out of control, I just wanted to go back to my home, to know about loved ones...

This ended up backfiring on a horrible scale. Magic just wasn't the same anymore there. Not only did I clear a path, I cleared the entire area. The backlash weakened me to such extent that I am still recovering, but my strength.. I fear I have lost this permanently, as is my unit... My fault in the end.

4EGI5 was able to pull me out of there, to safety. Allthough he might not be that social, I have learned a great deal from him. Yes, some may not want to say that but: him, not it. He has shown greater spirit and kindness than any other creature that I have encountered, looks can be deceiving.

We were able to make our way to Sharn. We can make ends with mercenary work, we still excel at it. But our main priority, focus, vex.. Is finding out what happened on the Day Of Mourning.

Death (session 28): Devoured by a tentacled abomination in the Pagoda of the Inscrutable Ones


No comments:

Post a Comment